Q Double's Randumb Thoughts: Road Trip Music


  

Driving long trips are the best way to listen to albums or mixtapes that you have no time to hear. I can't do nothing else but vibe out to music and give your undivided attention. I was driving 12 hours so I had all the time to play any and everything, even played Black Dynamite cause that's the best fucking comedy that came out in the last 5 years. So this just some of the things I played, my thoughts, and the dopeness and/or wackness that came with it.

By the way: This is far from a music site. I just have these thoughts that I have to share and this just happens to be what I listen to.




Action Bronson and Statik Selektah "Well Done"

Get It Here: http://www.amazon.com/Well-Done/dp/B005W3FXH0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328505197&sr=8-3



I got this off of Amazon a while back, one of those impulse buys. This started out the trip since talk radio in the morning was horrible. So I threw this in and let it play. Good ass music. some of the shit he was saying I got to be a culinary chemist making surf and turf. It all flowed elegantly. "Miss Fordham Road (86 87 88) gets the stamp of approval.

Elle Varner "Conversational Lush"




She got talented, cute too, got a voice on her. Got that Chrisette Michele vibe somewhat but she stands out on her own. "WTF" is a dope song to hear live, and she flipped the song on "EV." 

PUSH! Montana: When PUSH! Comes To Shove 2




Between this, that Action Bronson Album, and Skyzoo, I feel this is what hip-hop needs. I'm not with all that bring hip-hop back bullshit these "purists" want, I'm with dope music. This PUSH! tape had me flying through Maryland, like I had packs on me (which I didn't,  just regular ole regular things). That "Last of The Mohicans" joint makes it worth the listen. 



Adele: 21


Never again will I listen to this while driving by my lonesome on a 10+ road trip. You will get immersed in your thoughts and there will be no signs of retreat.

DON'T HAVE YOUR PHONE NEXT TO YOU EITHER!!!!!

I did more phone calls during this album than the whole trip combined. All sorts of "damn maybe if I call her and say'hey,' she'll forgive me." Fuck that shit!!! This by far is the best album of 2011, dope album to play on the road trip, just not a good album to play on the road trip. I'm still recovering.




Big Heavy aka Doughboy "From Da Ground Up"





Home stretch was crucial to have the "can't wait to get off the highway and piss" tunes on. That shit that make you drive fast and excite you you made it to your destination. This shit was perfect, "Get Up And Go" is that shit. My joint is "Grown Man Music," which needs to be longer, and "Birds Flying High."








No comments: